TASMANIA’S FIRST LASER CENTRE FOR LYMPHOEDEMA
Our centre was established in St Mary’s in January 2000 and is a pioneer and leader in the use of Scanning Laser Therapy in Tasmania.
Today the Centre has one Low Level Laser units with treatments delivered via a scanner and probe. This unit offers a wide range of wavelengths and intensities, enabling therapists to optimise treatments for specific conditions ranging from Lymphoedema to promoting healing of post-surgery, wounds and musculoskeletal injuries.
The Tasmanian Lymphoedema Centre is a not-for-profit charity registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission and all donations to the centre are tax deductible.
Our programs are designed to promote mobility and wellbeing, minimise pain and discomfort and help restore clients’ quality of life.
Some of our services:
- Low Level Laser Therapy for Lymphoedema— laser light penetrates tissue and is absorbed by cells where it is converted to energy and has many benefits for cellular metabolism and healing
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage – Massage Therapy for Lymphoedema
- Low Level Laser Therapy for Musculoskeletal Injuries and Physical Rehabilitation
- Therapeutic/Remedial Style Massage
- Bowen Therapy for soft tissue and ligament release and body re-alignment
The Tasmanian Lymphoedema Centre Inc is very grateful to the Tasmanian Community Fund for it’s support in the purchase of our new InBody 720 Body Scanner.
Located in the beautiful Fingal Valley
The Tasmanian Lymphoedema Centre is located in pleasant and peaceful surroundings at the St Marys Community Health Centre, less than a kilometre from the main street of St Marys. The township is at the Eastern end of the Fingal Valley and close to East Coast beaches.
For those staying for extended treatments, come and experience our local culture, cafes, restaurants, unique shopping, landscapes and accommodation. Please see our list of accommodation venues that offer a discount for Lymphoedema clients – the full listing can be seen in the accommodation tab above.
Clients in Tasmania are eligible for the Travel Assistance Scheme—enquire at the clinic